Please SHARE us with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or email by clicking the SHARE button.
Would you like to become a Representative?
This course prepares students to take the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) examination for issuance of the General Radiotelephone Operators License. Preparation for FCC GROL Elements 1 and 3 are emphasized and Element 8 is covered as required.
(additional information for the remaining elements coming soon)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of FCC Rules and Regulations
2. Exhibit an understanding of basic radio circuit theory, electronic devices and electronic communications circuits
3. Demonstrate an understanding of radiotelephone equipment and components,
4. Identify and describe operating practices for radiotelephone equipment
5. Exhibit an understanding of RADAR frequencies, radio signals and types of radar
6. Demonstrate an understanding of how RADAR works and the theory and practices involved.
7. Successfully complete both Elements 1 and 3 of the FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License examination
8. Successfully complete Element 8 of the Ship Radar Endorsement if applicable
This prep course involves classroom time supplemented by independent study and the use of practice FCC test questions as a learning tool.
Classroom time will be 3 hours per day for 3 days for Elements 1 and 3 and 4 days for Elements 1, 3, and 8.
If taking the weekend course, the prep course shall start Friday evening and end Sunday afternoon, culminating with the actual FCC Exams for Elements 1, 3 , and 8.
For Elements 1 and 3, approximately 2 ½ hours will be spent discussing radio theory and practice in conjunction with FCC GROL test questions rev. 12/2009 and ½ hour will be devoted to taking practice FCC GROL examinations.
For Element 8, approximately 2 ½ hours will be spent discussing RADAR Techniques in conjunction with FCC Ship RADAR test questions rev. 12/2009 and ½ will be devoted to taking practice FCC Ship RADAR Endorsement examinations.
A complete practice exam on FCC Elements 1, 3 and as required, Element 8, will be given during the last regular prep course day with the actual FCC Examination to commence the final day with retests scheduled as needed.
In addition to classroom discussions and quizzes, students are expected to independently study the FCC test questions, work through problems, and take practice exams on their own.
FCC General Radiotelephone Operator Examination Structure:
- Introduction to the history of the FCC
- Introduction to FCC Regulations, Title 47
- Basic FCC Requirements
- Introduction to GMDSS
· Element 1 - Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP)
Basic radio law and operating practice.
The Element 1 prep and exam will consist of questions in the following categories
Marine Radio Operator Permit question pool: 144 questions.
To pass you must answer 18 of 24 questions. (75%)
· Element 3 - General Radiotelephone License
Electronic fundamentals and techniques required to adjust, repair, and maintain radio transmitters and receivers.
The Element 3 prep and exam will consist of questions in the following categories:
General Radiotelephone Operator License question pool: 600 questions
To pass you must answer 75 out of 100 questions. (75%)
Element 8 – Marine (Ship) RADAR Endorsement
RADAR theory and practices applicable to install service and maintain aircraft and ship radar equipment.
The Element 8 prep and exam will consist of questions in the following categorie
Ship Radar Endorsement Question Pool: 300 Questions
To pass you must answer 38 out of 50 questions. (75%)
As a designated Trainer and Proctor/Examiner, MYFCCTESTING administers FCC licensing examinations at over 170 locations nationwide and at a DANTES (military education offices) locations worldwide.